Book Club Kits
Book clubs are a great way to connect with other people, share your love of books and get more from your reading experience.
Starting a Book Club
Ideally a book club should have between 8 and 16 members and share a common purpose. Is it to read or to socialise? Do you want to read a specific genre or are you happy to explore more diverse titles etc. To find out more about starting a book club, CLICK HERE(PDF, 186KB)
Book Club Kits @ Bathurst Library
Bathurst Library has a large range of Book Club Kits available to support book clubs. Our Book Club Kits make it easier to coordinate your meetings, save your members money and provide access to a diverse range of genres.
See all our Book Club Kits
How do Book Club Kits work?
- Each kit contains 6-10 copies of the same book, plus a set of discussion notes, all stored in a convenient carry bag.
- Kits may be borrowed for 3 months and cannot be renewed.
- Only 2 kits can be borrowed at the same time.
- All books must be borrowed and returned together in the same kit.
- The kit needs to be returned to the library during opening hours.
- Kits cannot be returned through the after-hours chute.
- Kits are free to borrow, however, if a book is lost or damaged, library charges will apply.
Book Club Kits can only be borrowed by a registered book club. To register your book club, you must nominate two Coordinators who are Bathurst Library members.
Click here to:
If your Book Club would like to read a title that is not on our catalogue you could also try:
- Downloading eBooks that have no wait lists via our eLibrary platforms
- Mixing things up by reading different titles by the same author
- Purchasing books through local retailers.